Several polymers, on account of versatility offered by them, are used in the medical field and are termed as medical polymers. Medical polymers have various applications in the field dentistry and medicine such as in prosthetic implants, tissue engineering and drug delivery. Since these materials are used in medicine, they need strong adherence to high manufacturing standards. The market for medical polymers, on the basis of nature of materials, is segmented as fibers, resins, elastomers and other nonbiodegradable or biodegradable polymers. Medical fibers and resins include polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE), polystyrene (PS), polyamide (PA), polytetrafluoroethylene (PFTE), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and others.
Browse for full report: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/medical-polymers-market.html
Medical elastomers include, polyurethane, natural rubber latex, silicone rubber, butyl rubber and thermoplastic elastomers. Biodegradable polymers used in medical field include polycaprolactone, polylactic acid, polycarbonate, polyhydroxyalkanoates, polyphosphate, polybutylene succinate, etc. Some of the factors which drive the medical polymers market are technological advances in the field of healthcare, rising demand for low weigh medical devices and increasing health awareness in developing nations. The non-biodegradable nature of plastics and medical waste management are the two major concerns which restrain the medical polymers market.
North America leads the global medical polymers market in terms of revenues and is closely followed by Europe. The Asia-Pacific market is the fastest growing segment in this industry owing to the increasing healthcare expenditures and huge patient pool. The applications for medical polymers include cardiovascular system, tissue engineering, medical packing and medical devices. The novel application of medical polymers in the prosthetic implants is a strong opportunity that can be leveraged by large companies investing in R&D and intellectual property.
Some of the leading industry participants in this market are Eastman Chemical Company, DSM N.V., Evonik Industries, Solvay S.A., E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company and Celanese Corporation.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report:
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments.