High-altitude platform technologies are promising technologies which clubs the benefits of satellite and terrestrial communication systems. HAPs offer broadband communications to user at relatively lower cost. They are featured by low maintenance, easily deployable that is why they offer an excellent alternative for various network operators who are in the search to get maximum coverage that satisfies the increasing demand for higher capacity. HAPS are usually airships, balloons, present within the stratosphere. An enormous interest has grown worldwide to examine their use not only for emergency services, but also for broadband communications, traffic monitoring, and navigation cellular.
Global market can be segmented on the basis of geography into various segments such as North America, APAC, European Union, and Rest of the World. The market can also be segmented on basis of applications into various segments like high-speed wireless communication, real-time monitoring of the region, for surveillance and intelligence gathering, and weather monitoring and studying. The global high-altitude platform technologies market is a multi-billion market and is expected to show a steady growth over the period 2012-2017.
Some of the key factors driving the market include rapid deployment, large area coverage, low cost for upgrading the platform, large system capacity, smaller cells than satellites, flexibility in responding traffic demands through adaptable and extensive frequency reuse. Some of the factors restraining the market include higher cost of establishment, station keeping and stability, system level requirements, propagation and diversity.
The market is having many opportunities in the future in various segments such as Surveillance and positioning, differential GBS, remote sensing, seismic monitoring, flood detection, tactical communication, traffic monitoring and control, broadband wireless access, bandwidth on demand, and oil & gas exploration. HAPs have many applications including high-speed wireless communication, real-time monitoring of the region, for surveillance and intelligence gathering, and weather monitoring and studying.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments.